I wish I had some more pictures to show you of the journey itself, but my memory card for my camera died along the way. We passed the "Biggest Cross in this Hemisphere" , many many many billboard signs about Jesus, a separated and burning tractor trailer to name a few things. I'm not sure if I should say that there was a lot to see, or very little to see across the middle of the country. Drivers in Arkansas are terrible. New Jersey Drivers Rejoice! You are clearly not the worst drivers in the country anymore!
Each of the states starting becoming prettier and prettier as I went across the country, excluding Texas. Oklahoma was pretty is certain spots, but then came Texas (ew) and then New Mexico was very pretty. The beginning of Arizona was pretty bland, but I got a chance to drive through the Painted Desert at sunset. The colors were vivid yellows, reds, and blues as the sun set behind the clouds. I had a ton of pictures, but sadly, my memory card died.
We went out that night with my old roomie Eric, his girlfriend Sarah (my apologies if I botched that), his friend from college, Micah, and I. A nice trip to the bar, and then back to Eric's house to watch Be Kind, Rewind. It was a well done movie for the budget they had. We woke up the next day and faired Micah good luck as he sped off to Yosemite to start climbing on the Salathe Wall.
Eric gave directions to a Target to get a new memory card, but I felt I was going the wrong way and stopped beforehand to ask directions at a hotel. As I walked into the hotel with my greasy pulled back hair, sandals, and a ratty looking tee-shirt, the lady at the counter took one look at me and grabbed for a binder. The binder read: "Taxi Cab Logbook." Talk about reading into a stereotype! I smiled, and asked for directions, she was quite confused.
After eventually getting to Target, I headed north to the Grand Canyon. I was only about 1 hour away so I figured it would be dumb of me not to visit. The Grand Canyon was pretty, but I wasn't super impressed. I didn't really plan a lot of time to be there, so I didn't see many of the good sites. There were just so many tourists that I was a bit turned off.
After that, I drove back down through Flagstaff and then down Rt 89a through Oak Creek Canyon. Again, it was a beautiful drive. I will post the pictures from it to my flickr account (click on the link to the right to get it).
The past couple days I've spent hanging out in Phoenix, Az. It's quite hot down here, but it can be nice. Spending some much needed time relaxing with my brother, Steve, his wife Kathy. That's about all I can say about this area at the moment. I'll update one more time before I leave. So, either thursday night, or friday morning. I hope everyone is doing well in all of your current endeavors.

1 comment:
Piiicccctuuuuuurrrrrres!
Post a Comment